I LOVE our Texas storms. California storms are nothing in comparison.
I picked up Landon from school and he asked me if it was going to rain. I told him it was. He said 'and thunder too?' I said yes! He said no!! I said well it is! The kids and the dog do not like the storms. They are LOUD. I've grown to love them. They are awesome!
So at about 5pm the first rumble started. I loved hearing these words from Landon's mouth 'You were right, Mom!'. Yes son, I was...and am often. ;) We sat by the front window and watched the rain pour and watched the lightning and listened to the thunder.
I even went on the porch and videoed some of the rain/thunder and sent the video to my mom to see.
Needless to say, the kids were scared at bedtime, so they ended up in our room. Ever since Missy ran away 3 years ago {it was during a storm} she gets super scared. So of course she was right on top of me too.
Once the kids go to sleep, they don't wake up with all the loud thunder. It wakes me up but I love it. It was loud all night long. Bang! Boom! The rain poured down hard and pounded on the windows. AWESOME!
This morning when I woke up I was watching the news and there was flooding everywhere. We haven't had this much rain in a long time. (Duh! We are in a drought!). People were having to be rescued from their cars, streets were closed down. It was wild.
They reported that Lake Lavon is up 3ft from just the overnight down pour. We are expected to get more rain tonight, but not nearly as much as we did last night.
Bring on the Rain!
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment