Last night flew by, my mom and I chatted, ate way too much, and watched some tv and then it was time for bed. Then bam! It was time to wake up and take them to the airport. We had to leave the house at 6am so the kids went in their matching jammies. NO, they don't always match, but they matched this time just for Memaw!
The ride there went by way too fast. The one time you want traffic to buy you some time, and it's smooth sailing. My dad always tells me not to cry, as if it's just that easy. Like I can tell myself 'Margaret, now don't you cry!'. Pulllease! It's a given, my parents leaving = me crying! Four years later, and I still cry. I guarantee four more years will go by and I will still be crying. That is unless they happen to move here...Ok so yeah i'll still be crying, because that's not happening...
We said our goodbyes and off I went...looking back in my rear view mirror I could see my dad looking at me, which yep! made me cry! I told Landon that Memaw and Papa were going home, and that I loved him. He said 'I love you mom!' and then that was it. He was sound asleep the entire way home, same with Lilah.
I made it home really fast...and then it was time to make Landon his lunch, get him dressed, and take him to school. He got to play hookie yesterday to hang out with M&P.
I met up with two girlfriends and we had lunch. It's been an emotional day, but at the end of the day i'm thankful for the time I had with them, and for my sweet kids, and family.
They'll be back for Christmas, and I know the time between now and then will fly by! I can't wait to see them again!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment