Saturday, June 6, 2009

We won, Rawr!

So it's not about winning, it's about having fun. But today? It was about winning! It was nice to FINALLY play a team that was at our level. One with kids that were the same ages as our team. The summer session consists of 3 and 4 year olds, but the last two teams were OBVIOUSLY '4 turning 5 soon' age. They were HEADS taller than our kids, and it was rather obvious. Our kids were afraid of the 'big' kids. It was sad and funny to watch. The big kids would take off towards our kids and our kids would freeze and stop, thus letting the other team win. Sad!

Today I talked to the coach beforehand and he said his team has been defeated each game. I told him he was in good company because both games we were slaughtered! Seriously. It was ridiculous and I was discouraged.

We've had some really good practices and the kids are improving SO much. Today, it was GAME ON. I'm sure the coach was probably thinking 'Slaughtered, riiiggght'. Because they went out there and they owned it! It was goal after goal after goal. The kids were taking it to the monkey (I hang a monkey at our goal so they know which way to go). Bam! I was so proud of them and so relieved. They were loving it too, and you could tell they weren't as timid. The kids were the same height and did the same things our team does. Sit down on the field, kick the dirt instead of pay attention, freeze, you name it. We were finally EQUAL!

After the game the kids ran thru the tunnel of the parents hands and you could just tell they FINALLY had fun. We had snack as a team after and it was so cute to see all of them just chillin'. Fun stuff! We joked with the coach that we'd love to play them each week. They were a lot of fun. The coach's son even kicked a few goals into our monkey too. So I told the coach that his son is more than welcome to help us out anytime!

It was also cute to see the soccer field next to us, with all the cute girly girls. Even Chris made mention of it. Lilah will definitely be out there. She will be too cute. She wants to play so bad. Everytime I get Landon dressed and I put on my Stingers shirt she wants a shirt. I should have ordered her one!

We've got 3 games left!

No comments: