Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Behavior Chart----Just the beginning

So today I have started a Behavior Chart with Landon. We've only been doing it for an hour or so, and so far so good. I sat him down at the table and he was all ears. I showed him the chart, and I showed him all of the fun stickers. He likes going to Target to buy cars. He loves the $1 match box cars, and that works for me!

So I told him that when he was good and he listened and used his manners that he would get a sticker. When he doesn't listen, or when he whines (this is the main issue, the whining) then i'll take a sticker away. Once the card is full then I will take him to Target and he'll get to pick out a car. The card is small and the squares are big.

I gave him a sticker for starting the chart. Then I told him to go play. Missy was in his way and he told her 'Excuse me Missy'. So he got another sticker. He was getting into some stuff in the office and I told him to go back and play and he hesitated. I reminded him about the stickers and he left to play nicely.

I think this will do the trick. For the most part, he is very well behaved. He's got GREAT manners for only being 3. His teacher says he's great at school and rarely gets in trouble.

They have more intense charts that we will progress too, but this is small and simple and he understands what is supposed to happen. I asked him how it worked and he told me.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love this - do you have a secret where you found it? Bright also has GREAT manners and 90% of the time is a dream but that 10% can get pretty hairy :D Did you just make it yourself?.....help a girl out here? :D